We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Character Concept Artist to join our team here at Bulkhead with knowledge of Adobe Suite and 2D/3D tools & applications.
Within this position, you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop stunning character concept art on a large-scale AAA project.
As our concept artist, you will have the opportunity to use your creativity and artistic skills to contribute to the creation of our exciting AAA Game. You will take an idea from rough sketches through to the final 2D/3D concept whilst working with leads to help communicate the visual direction to the rest of the team.
The Art team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- You will work closely with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create inspiring concept art whilst making sure all milestones are hit in a professional manner
- You’ll support the art director and leads in developing the look and feel of the worlds of our game & Characters
- You will maintain quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team
- You’ll be able to quickly generate sketches & production-ready concepts describing the new assets to the rest of the art team.
- You will create concept art for characters and other creative assets.
Here’s the skills & experience you'll need:
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates your skill level & work
- Proficient experience with Adobe Suite (PS, XD, Illustrator)
- Proficient experience with tools such as Maya, 3DS Max and other 3D/2D applications
- 3+ Years Industry experience as an Concept Artist
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members
- A good understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great understanding of anatomy, atmospherics, proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and colour
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- Experience in creating concepts for multiplayer first or third-person shooters
- Passion for games and all things sci-fi
- Degree in relevant art skill, i.e. illustration, fine art etc