We're searching for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team here at Bulkhead.
Within this position, you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop stunning concept art for our fast-paced FPS game...PROMOD.
As our Senior Concept Artist, you will have the opportunity to use your creativity and artistic skills to contribute to the creation of our exciting Action Shooter. You will take an idea from rough sketches through to the final 2D/3D concept whilst working with the Art Director to help communicate the visual direction to the rest of the team.
The Art team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games & PROMOD is a fast-paced First Person Shooter in its early stages of development, so as our Senior Concept Artist, this is a unique opportunity to have a large impact on the creation of the PROMOD world.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- You will work closely with the Art Director and fellow artists to create inspiring concept art that informs and communicates the vision for the game.
- You’ll be able to quickly generate sketches and produce ideas which will help to inform the visual direction of the game
- You will create concept art for characters, creatures, vehicles, environments, and other creative assets.
Here’s the skills & experience you'll need:
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates your skill level & work
- Proficient experience with Adobe Suite (PS, XD, Illustrator)
- Proficient experience with tools such as Maya, 3DS Max and other 3D/2D applications
- 3+ Years Industry experience as a Concept Artist
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping to assist other team members
- A good understanding of project scope and technical limitations of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great understanding of anatomy, atmospherics, proportion, scale, composition, perspective, lighting and colour
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- Experience in creating concepts for multiplayer first or third-person shooters
- Passion for immersive Video Games, preferably FPS
- Be an excellent worldbuilder
- Degree in relevant art skill, i.e. illustration, fine art etc