We’re currently looking for a promising programming student to join our studio at the intern level to work on projects developed by the team, including our highly anticipated action shooter PROMOD, as well as other unannounced projects. The successful candidate is someone who will have confidence in their abilities & a passion for learning and video games!
As our intern Programmer at Bulkhead, you will be working closely with our game development team having responsibility for your work and flexibility in how you approach problems within a relaxed environment. You will also work closely with other members of your team, both artist and programmer, to create games that we’re proud of.
Located in the heart of the UK, Derby serves as the home for Bulkhead Interactive, a centre for creativity and innovation matched by its occupants here at Cardinal Square. Our modern, highly accessible and ever-evolving workspace is a hospitable and welcoming environment for all those who join us on our journey.
With a body of over 100 talented team members spread across multiple teams and projects, involvement remains a key focal point in our growth and expansion as we go from strength to strength.
Adapting to an ever-evolving industry has been a key principal for our young company as we move forward, with each individual as important as the last, a focused and versatile ensemble determined to remain functional in a competitive environment.
Moving from truly humble beginnings to leaps and bounds in an ever-expanding industry, Bulkhead Interactive is a Develop Award-nominated video game development company. They have released games on Xbox, Playstation, Steam, Stadia and Nintendo Switch, with the company’s first FPS title Battalion 1944 having been released in 2019.
- Iterate on existing features and mechanics
- Solve problems in a creative but efficient way
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging
- A desire to overcome difficult hurdles
- A strong desire to learn new skills
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexibility and an ability to adapt to new and multiple tasks
- Experience programming games in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine
- Have the ability to drive and contribute to all aspects of a game
- Familiarity with 3D maths for games
- A familiarity with multiplayer game programming
- Good problem-solving skills
It is worth mentioning that this internship is due to start in the summer of 2022 and will be for 12 months. Applications will close at the end of January 2022.