We’re currently searching for a Senior VFX Artist to help oversee the creation and implementation of our Visual Effects, collaborating with the Art, Design and programming teams, you will be involved in the content creation for our AAA Project.
As our VFX artist you'll be working with our team of other artists to bring personality and life to the large-scale world we're building. You'll use your extensive experience working with 3D software and FX systems to create a range of visual effects for our characters, weapons and environments driving for high and consistent quality across the game.
The Art team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Create high-quality VFX that works well with the visual direction of the game.
- Work with lead artists to ensure the completion of VFX assets.
- Be an active team member in art discussions and reviews.
- Create VFX from concept to completion for different gameplay features & Assets.
- Work collaboratively and support Art, Design and Engineering teams with their VFX needs
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Around 5+ years creating FX for video games.
- Experience crafting eye-catching Visual Effects using Photoshop, Maya/3DS Max & FX systems
- Strong experience with node-based material generation workflows
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members.
- Strong knowledge of UE4, Niagara and Shaders
- A solid understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable but not required skills:
- Experience in creating VFX for multiplayer first or third-person shooters
- Passion for Video Games and everything Sci-Fi
- Degree in relevant Art Skill, i.e. illustration, fine art etc