We are currently on the lookout for a talented Senior UI Designer to join our team here at Bulkhead to work on our brand new ambitious innovative shooter. You will be someone with strong user interface skills and will have solid experience in building user experience for video games.
As our UI Designer, you will use your technical and creative experience to create all aspects of the front-end in-game user interface & will be responsible for all aspects of UI Art such as the HUD, Menus, Maps and In-game Branding. You’ll be working on a large-scale game and will be expected to guide, collaborate and oversee your small team of other Designers.
The Design team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games & our new Action Shooter in its early stages of development, so as our Senior UI Designer, this is a unique opportunity to have a large impact on the creation of the world we’re trying to build.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- You will conceptualize and create a functional UI design style, visual language & UI layouts for our multiplayer shooter
- You’ll anticipate needs and assist in planning for UI art
- You will define UI behavior and work closely with developers to ensure implementation
- You will work closely with the Design & Art Leads and fellow teammates to create inspiring UI whilst making sure all milestones are hit in a professional manner
- You will create In-Game branding, supporting the art director and leads to help craft an immersive world"
Here’s the skills & experience you'll need:
- Proficient experience with 3D software & Adobe Suite (PS, XD, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Fully up to date on current industry-standard workflows, tools and methodologies
- An understanding of Wireframing, UI/UX flow & functional design
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members
- A good understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, quickly evolving team environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and strong visual communication skills
- Exceptional design skills
- Collaborative as well as a self-starter
- UE4 Experience
Desirable but not required:
- Experience using Jira
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in creating UI for multiplayer first or third-person shooters