We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team here at Bulkhead to work on our brand new ambitious innovative shooter with knowledge of Adobe Suite and 2D/3D tools & applications.
Within this position, you will be responsible for inspiring & working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop stunning concept art on a large-scale project.
You will take an idea from rough sketches through to the final 2D/3D concept whilst working with leads to help lead, mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the concept team.
The Art team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games & our new Action Shooter in its early stages of development, so as our Senior Concept Artist, this is a unique opportunity to have a large impact on the creation of the world we’re trying to build.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- You will work closely with the Art Leads, Seniors and help mentor Juniors to create inspiring concept art whilst making sure all milestones are hit in a professional manner
- You’ll support the art director and leads in developing the look and feel of our games worlds & levels.
- You will maintain quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team
- You’ll be able to quickly generate sketches & production-ready concepts describing the new assets to the rest of the art team.
- You will create concept art for Environments other creative assets.
Here’s the skills & experience you'll need:
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates your skill level & work
- Proficient experience with Adobe Suite (PS, XD, Illustrator)
- Proficient experience with tools such as Maya, 3DS Max and other 3D/2D applications
- Around 5+ Years Industry experience as a Concept Artist
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members
- A good understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great understanding of anatomy, atmospherics, proportion, scale, perspective, lighting and colour
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- Experience in creating concepts for multiplayer first or third-person shooters
- Be an excellent worldbuilder
- Degree in relevant art skill, i.e. illustration, fine art etc