We’re currently looking for an Audio Programmer to join our team to work on our brand new ambitious innovative shooter and future projects. As our Audio Programmer, you will be expected to bring your experience to the team to be a key player in developing our audio systems & gameplay audio, all whilst working closely with our sound design team. Day to day you will work with our team of Sound Designers & Programmers to help define the roadmap that will ensure cutting-edge audio, on all our projects.
The Audio team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive Audio for multiplayer games & our new Action Shooter in its early stages of development, so as our Audio Programmer, this is a unique opportunity to have a large impact on the creation of the world we’re trying to build.
Here's what you'll be doing:
You’ll help implement audio features and design tools whilst maintaining, optimizing and improving existing systems.
- You will work in-engine, improving, prioritizing, optimizing the code that executes the game Audio.
- Implement and develop audio systems for gameplay, such as Weapons, footsteps, occlusion etc.
- Work closely with sound designers to help them create compelling audio experiences.
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping in mind performance, maintenance compatibility requirements & be able to identify and correct bugs within the audio code
Here’s the skills & experience you'll need:
1 - 3+ years experience in audio integration and audio concepts;
- Knowledge of audio middleware
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of UE4 Blueprints
- Experience and understanding of C++
- You’ll have a passion for Audio & Video Games
- Able to work autonomously & in collaboration with other teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or self-taught to a similar level
Desirable but not required:
Knowledge of Wwise
- Experience building DSP/Plugins
- A keen interest in music and sound technologies
- Experience in working on an Action Shooter game for PC & Console