We are looking for a Senior Environment Artist who has excellent knowledge in asset generation and creating visually stunning scenes.
Within this position at Bulkhead you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop large-scale environments, props and assets. You will be working on a AAA project and will be expected to guide, collaborate & oversee your small team of other artists and will be working alongside production to deliver quality work on time.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
- Working to a deadline and ensuring to create outstanding environments whilst keeping engine constraints in mind
- Following guidelines and concepts to create assets and worlds true to the vision of the team
- Oversee a team of Junior/Intermediate environment artists on a day to day basis and be confident in helping resolve issues
- Work with the art lead to ensure all milestones are hit in a professional manor
- Proficient experience with 3D modelling tools such as Maya, 3DS Max, Blender
- Fully up to date on current industry standard workflows, tools, modelling and texturing methodologies
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members
- A solid understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- A strong knowledge of UE4 and materials to make sure all created artwork is done to a high standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in creating multiplayer first or third person shooters
- Being an excellent world builder