We are looking for an experienced Lighting Artist who has proficient knowledge with UE4. You will be working on a AAA project with a large scale team and will be working closely with others within your department to bring life to levels selling mood and atmosphere, and telling stories through your work.
Within this position at Bulkhead you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, and Production to light large scale levels with dynamic changes in mind to create visually stunning levels and cinematics.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Light scenes based on reference or concept art
- Work with colleagues to create high quality lighting in keeping with the project’s visual direction
- Produce work which adheres to performance specification guidelines
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines such as Environment Art, Level Design, FX, Cinematics + Tech Art
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Around 2+ years experience lighting for video games.
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members.
- Strong knowledge of UE4, including performance considerations.
- A solid understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable but not required skills:
- Experience in creating VFX for multiplayer first or third-person shooters
- Passion for Video Games and everything Sci-Fi
- Degree in relevant Art Skill, i.e. illustration, fine art etc