We’re currently searching for a Senior VFX Artist to help oversee the creation and implementation of our Visual Effects, collaborating with the Art, Design and programming teams, you will be involved in the content creation for our AAA Project.
As our VFX artist you'll be working with our team of other artists to bring personality and life to the large-scale world we're building. You'll use your extensive experience working with 3D software and FX systems to create a range of visual effects for our characters, weapons and environments driving for high and consistent quality across the game.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Create high-quality VFX that works well with the visual direction of the game.
- Work with lead artists to ensure the completion of VFX assets.
- Produce assets which are visual stunning but also meeting the performance requirements of the project
- Oversee a team of Junior/Intermediate environment artists on a day to day basis and be confident in helping resolve issues
- Be an active team member in art discussions and reviews.
- Create VFX from concept to completion for different gameplay features & assets.
- Work collaboratively and support Art, Design and Engineering teams with their VFX needs
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Around 5+ years creating FX for video games.
- Experience crafting eye-catching Visual Effects using Photoshop, Maya/3DS Max & FX systems
- Strong experience with node-based material generation workflows
- A team player who has experience working with multiple departments and helping assist other team members.
- Strong knowledge of UE4, Niagara and Shaders
- A solid understanding of project scope and constraints within the software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable but not required skills:
- Experience in creating VFX for multiplayer first or third-person shooters
- Passion for Video Games and everything Sci-Fi
- Degree in relevant Art Skill, i.e. illustration, fine art etc