We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Designer who has proficient knowledge with UE4. You will be working on a AAA project with a large scale team and will be working closely with others within your team to offer solutions to design problems and be able to prototype them.
As a Senior Technical Designer, you will have the opportunity to use your creativity and technical skills to contribute to the creation of our exciting AAA game. You will be able to be creative and help design solutions from end to end, from early design work, through to prototype and final implementation, working with leads to help lead, mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the technical design team.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Helping to create creative technical solutions in the design team, from concept through to prototype and final implementation.
- Understanding the technical constraints of the engine and project and the needs of the design team
- Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work
- Experience and knowledge of UE4 and developing solutions in C++ and blueprints.
- The ability to work independently as well as working alongside a small handful of other level designers
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team.
- Experience and passion for creating solutions for design teams and prototyping them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in AAA technical design roles
- Experience in creating levels for multiplayer first or third-person shooters