We are looking for an experienced Level Designer who has proficient knowledge with UE4. You will be working on a AAA project with a large scale team and will be working closely with others within your department to build interesting, exciting and inspiring levels.
Within this position at Bulkhead you will be responsible for working with Artists, Designers, Programmers and Production to create and develop large scale levels with dynamic changes in mind.
As well as creating level blockouts, in this role you will be designing and implementing exciting missions and setup for combat encounters, so experience in this is advantageous.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work as a team player to create and envision large scale levels with gameplay in mind
- Designing and implementing exciting missions + combat encounters
- Understanding the technical constraints of the engine and project
- Understand core mechanics, project goals and the end target to define and create strong levels
- Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work
- Experience and knowledge of UE4
- The ability to work independently as well as working alongside a small handful of other level designers
- Experience and passion for creating large scale levels whilst utilizing 3D Level design tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Maya, Blender, 3DS Max or other industry-standard 3D modelling software
- Experience setting up mission + combat encounters in an action title
- Previous experience in AAA level design
- Experience in creating levels for multiplayer first or third-person shooters