We are looking for a Senior Game Designer who has excellent knowledge of UE4. You will be working on a AAA project with a large scale team and will be working closely with others within your team to design a number of major defining features, levels or areas of a game, driving end-to-end implementation across the team, as well as contributing to the definition of the expected quality of the game.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will help create a unique game experience, and communicate the vision through the team. You will be able to be creative and help design solutions from end to end, from early design work, and provide input and balancing through it’s prototyping and final implementation. You will be a strong communicator, like working in a team and mentor & develop the skills of junior members of the design team.
The team at Bulkhead are a small, tightly-knit group of individuals who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. We question the norm and are always looking for new and better ways to do things. With our studio transitioning to a AAA standard, we are looking for team players who are confident in growing and learning alongside our talented team.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we have proven that we are able to work efficiently in a number of different ways, and so this role is open for candidates who want to work full-time in our Derby studio, but also those who want to work 100% remotely.
All candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. At this time we are unable to offer any visa sponsorship.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of the design of major game features, levels or areas of the game
- Understanding the technical constraints of the engine and project and the needs of the design team
- Pro-actively work alongside other developers and designers to share and gather essential information and be consistent within your work
- Communicate the design clearly to your team and management across all disciplines
- Mentor junior team members of the team
- Experience and knowledge of UE4
- Experience in designing major gameplay systems or environment in shipped AAA or indie titles
- The ability to work independently as well as working alongside a small handful of other level designers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in AAA game design roles
- Experience in designing features for consoles + PC
- Experience in creating levels for multiplayer first or third-person shooters